9610 - Senior Concessions Manager
Thursday | Apr. 8, 2021
Chesapeake Energy Arena
This position assists the Assistant Director of Concessions in oversight of all Concessions & Warehouse and day to day operations for purchasing new product, sourcing, and supplier quality management resources. This position is also responsible for all aspects of supplier management to ensure cost effective products and services are provided to the Chesapeake Energy Arena and Prairie Surf Media Studio with consistent quality and acceptable delivery levels maintained. Responsibilities also include maintaining and achieving appropriate cost metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Concessions in Hiring and Training of all Food & Beverages Beer tenders, Bartenders, Supervisors, Warehouse Personnel and Assistant Concessions Manager
- Planning, assigning, and directing work for concession, warehouse employees, and non-profit groups
- Supervises concessions employees and non-profit employees
- Ensure that concessions stands and bars are properly stocked and staffed for all events
- Ensure all compliance signs are posted on all stands and bars
- Maintaining and controlling labor costs and budget goals
- Responsible for completing end of event closing duties and reporting
- Selects and assesses vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, evaluates vendor performance and negotiates price and delivery of goods and services in accordance with SMG Savor preferred vendor purchasing program
- Responsible for maintaining all files for maintenance contracts and provides appropriate department head with timely notifications when contracts are to be re-bid
- Ascertains that purchasing documents are properly completed and terms and conditions are appropriate.
- Assures that department records are maintained, and purchases are followed up or expedited when required. Department records include price histories used to provide information on price variances.
- Places all food orders with approved SMG SAVOR...vendors and returns products and or services at the time of receipt to vendor of origin to ensure proper credit of returned items.
- Analyzes facility purchasing needs and identifies effective and efficient solutions.
- Determines appropriate inventory levels and budgets often utilizing computerized tracking systems in conjunction with physical inventory systems.
- Maintain perpetual inventory at all times for all products within the warehouse using POS computer as well as manual systems.
- Inventory control & completion of physical month end inventories.
- Beverage ordering and receiving.
- Attend in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments
- Meet expectations set forth in the HR P&P manual, work with HR to ensure consistency in personnel management, and uphold the expectations set forth in the SMG business conduct policy
- Maintain the highest standards of business ethics
- Maintaining all Concession equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance
- Complies with Health Department and ABLE Commission regulations
- Maintain a Health Department compliance and Audit score of 97 or higher
- Must be creative in marketing, concession signage and sales displays
- Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service is a must
- Position is very hands on with excessive interaction with staff and customers during events
- Assists the concessions managers in ordering product and equipment and maintaining uniforms
- Assists the concessions managers with end of month inventory and reporting
- Assists the concessions managers with staff training and on-boarding
- Responsible for planning stand opening, vendor schedules and staff schedules
- Maintaining log of staff certifications and licenses
- Responsible for preparing employee tips reports, vendor commission statements and weekly ABI corrections & reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple team members in the Food & Beverage Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding: disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Requires at least 3 years of management experience in a concessions facility servicing concessions for large events.
- Requires at least 3 years of management experience in a purchasing and warehouse facility servicing overall food and beverage totaling revenue $10+ million.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Meet the physical demands of this job
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to meet required budgetary goals.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to be creative with marketing presentations and maintain a quality product.
- Attention to detail and service oriented.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
- Daily lifting up to 50 lbs. multiple times a day.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Serve-safe Food certified within 90 days of employed
- ABLE commission alcohol beverage permit within 30 days
- Serve --Safe Alcohol certified within 30 days of employment
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, fax machines, phone, etc.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software, including excel.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible
- Shifts vary -- Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled)
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Chesapeake Energy Arena -- Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Administrative Assistant: Courtney Gaddis at (405) 602-8517.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.