9109 - Part Time Restaurant Hostess
Monday | Nov. 16, 2020
Chesapeake Energy Arena
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Restaurant Manager or Assistant Director of Premium Services, the Restaurant Host will set up seating rotation for all reservations. Greets and seats guests upon arrival. Works closely with the front of the house staff to ensure needs are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Hosts greet guests as they arrive, ask how many in their party and issue a table number
- They may answer immediate questions the patrons have and direct guests to the counter to place their order.
- The hostess also inspects and maintains the dining facilities.
- They may be required to spot cleanliness problems and to help clear tables to facility customer needs.
- The Host directs and instructs the dining room personnel on customer needs to ensure customers receive fast and quality service from the moment they arrive.
- Make sure entry doors are clean, free of debris and inviting.
- Keep an eye out that the dining room, entryway and server stations are kept clean throughout operations.
- Should a party have special needs or request accommodations, the Host will ensure the group's requirements are met. This may include services needed for small children, as well as for individuals with disabilities or food allergies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- To report for duty punctually, in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards.
- To follow all departmental policies, procedures and set service standards as outlined in the ASM-Global Handbook.
- To consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests.
- To foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all other positions existing in the restaurant.
- To attend all required training sessions and be aware of any changes to menus, restaurant and departmental policies and procedures, service standards as well as business trends and requirements.
- To perform all opening, side and closing duties as well as all daily and weekly duties to the set standards as outlined in a Job Task Checklist.
- To attend pre-shift, weekly and monthly meetings to be well- informed about all events, promotions and other news concerning the restaurant.
Previous work experience within an upscale high volume establishment
Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
Willingness to learn new concepts and ideas
Education and/or Experience:
* 1+ year hostess experience in a restaurant is REQUIRED
Basic knowledge of fine dining and good knowledge of wines/beverage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Knowledge of full service restaurant operations & terminology.
- Knowledge of POS operating systems.
- Promptness and efficiency of all actions.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, colleagues and supervisors
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS -- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
- Daily lifting up to 50 lbs. multiple times a day.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Chesapeake Energy Arena -- Cox Convention Center
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Administrative Assistant: Courtney Gaddis at (405) 602-8517.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
IF YOU ARE EMPLOYED BY ASM TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.