ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Under limited supervision, directs the development, implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive environmental, safety and health programs for ASM Managed facility including programs, policies and procedures that are compliant and promote continuous improvement. Provides leadership, direction and support necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and standards to meet or exceed relevant internal and external safety environmental standards in a manner consistent with sound business practice. Requires the ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels with and outside the organization from corporate, regional and facility management to supervisors and hourly employees in all areas.
- Communicating and helping to implement public health and safety guidelines.
- Ensuring that existing safety programs are modified for compatibility with new safety and health considerations and protocols related to COVID-19 guidelines.
- Helping to create or modify Team Member training that applies current information about recognized workplace COVID-19 hazards and infection control measures, including social distancing, wearing face coverings, handwashing, temperature checking, and disinfecting high-touch surfaces.
- Working closely with management to develop and implement event health & safety plans.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, administration and maintenance of EHS compliance and continuous improvement program elements. Serve as liaison with applicable external regulatory agencies and coordinate and follow-up on EHS audits to ensure satisfactory compliance. Ensure all required reports are completed and submitted as required.
- Develop and administer the facility EHS management systems including employee participation, employee health, hazard analyses, safe operating procedures, training, risk management, loss control, spill prevention, hazardous waste, DOT hazardous materials, emissions, emergency planning and all other key system elements.
- Facilitate compliance with facility, regional, corporate and regulatory environmental & safety standards and guidelines through audits, inspections, recordkeeping and data documentation. Assist management with investigations, provide recommendations for corrective or preventive measures, and ensure that accurate environmental and injury/illness records are maintained.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of EHS regulations and laws to provide expertise for EHS assessments, capital projects, work orders, and general EHS related problem solving at the site, regional and corporate level as needed.
- Manage monthly and quarterly PMs for building sprinkler system and generator systems.
- Maintain all Safety training records, AED's, Life Safety Systems, and Emergency backup systems. Track through CMMS program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, ADA, NFPA and other applicable industry environmental, health and safety standards
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate performance metrics and outcomes
- Superior communication skills -- verbal and written
- Ability to manage and train staff including organizing, prioritizing, scheduling daily work and projects and promoting professional development
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to develop multiple solutions to an issue and make valid recommendations for resolution
- Able to understand and execute processes including recognizing customer needs, communicating process changes, measuring and assessing success and identifying areas of improvement
- Ability to work under pressure
- Skill in budget preparation and management
- Ability to develop and implement environmental and safety policies, programs, and training
- Able to climb ladders and stairs and the ability to lift moderately heavy items such as test equipment or materials
- Potential to operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, or other power-driven equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to move between tasks and projects on short notice and to quickly change priorities based on customer and department needs, while still meeting project deadlines (Flexibility is key in this role as priorities change quickly)
- Able to work well in a team environment or independently
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Occupational / Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Environmental Science, or other EHS related field preferred; other four-year degrees will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Construction or Occupational safety environment related to EHS program management.
- Minimum 30-Hour OSHA Training
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATION:
- Certification in and EHS related discipline and/or further education is a plus.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the Unites States.
- Possess any license, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of equipment found in the facilities.PHYSICAL REQUREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Manual dexterity -- Regularly required to use hands, to finger, handle or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl to access operational systems.
- May spend long hours in walking or standing.
- Heavy lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May be exposed to moderate to extreme noise.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Exposed to extreme cold and or hot conditions.
- Working in customer service industry as this position will be asked to oversee safety of large assemblies of guests/people.
- Interaction with Federal, State, and Local authorities and regulators.COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software. Experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in Data Management CMMS applications.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires ability to work extended and flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Chesapeake Energy Arena -- Cox Convention Center
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Administrative Assistant: Courtney Gaddis at (405) 602-8517.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
IF YOU ARE EMPLOYED BY ASM CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.